2 positions available
Senior Buyers Assistant
We have an amazing opportunity for a Senior Buyers Assistant to join our team based in Oxford Circus. This role is responsible for delivering excellent administrative support to the Buyer across Designer watches for Asos and Selfridges concessions and also John Lewis fine watches.
We are looking for someone who is currently a Senior Buyers Assistant or someone with 1 year or more experience as a Buyers Assistant looking for the next step up. The person needs to be confident, accurate, and an excellent communicator who has the ability to prioritise well across 3 fast paced accounts. Excel and Outlook skills are essential. Product focussed and Luxury/Designer brand knowledge is key also.
The role involves making sure all administrative tasks are completed across all 3 accounts with focus on sku creation, raising POs, managing deliveries, supplier and 3rd party liaison and ensuring cost and retail prices are correct on the system.
- Research new brands, setting up contact, find details and report back to Buyer.
- Set up new suppliers, providing all relevant information to Accounts team.
- Co-ordinate and attend meetings, follow up on actions.
- Manage sku creation process with BAA.
- Manage order raising process with BAA.
- Together with Buyer communicate and resolve queries from suppliers and Asos, ensuring clarity from both sides.
- Range file management; communicate range changes and discontinuations to BAA, ensuring necessary changes are implemented.
- Monitor with Buyer RTV/swaps ensuring they are followed through.
- Communicate price changes to Asos and stores, request international price lists.
- Manage Invoice queries.
- Send weekly sales to suppliers.
We are looking for a Junior Buyer dedicated to our Asos.com Designer watches concession. This role involves working closely with Asos Buyers and Merchandisers on selections, orders and solving queries. They need to be proactive in identifying new ways of maximizing sales, problem solving and highlighting risks for Asos.
We are looking for someone confident, friendly and resilient who has worked for a fast paced retailer similar to Asos.com. Being a key contact for suppliers, confidence is needed in answering any trading queries with Asos KPIs and current trade in mind. A good eye for product and an understanding of trend is also essential.
- Finding new brands ideal for the Asos customer that meet with Asos’ requirements on delivery, compliance, trading and margin expectations.
- Negotiating excellent terms for new and existing brands.
- Attends all Asos Buy meetings, giving valuable input through market insight, trend knowledge and understanding of current trade performance and actions needed to attain.
- Manages sku creation and order raising process by sending through regular updates to the Asos team on status of product information needed for sku set up and sending of samples.
- Communicate and resolve queries from suppliers and Asos, ensuring clarity from both sides.
- Communicate price changes and request international price lists.
- Manage Invoice queries with BAA.
- Send out Asos weekly trade updates to suppliers, highlighting top line trade, by category, best and worst reactions and key actions, making it relevant and useable for both Asos and supplier.
- Reviewing new brand performance and making suggestions to improve trade if slightly lower than expected.
- Share market insight to Asos team using GFK data and sales (with discretion) from our other concessions within Selfridges and John Lewis.
- Liaising with marketing and providing Asos team with an update on upcoming, opportunities and campaign feedback.